Network Effects & Multi-sided Platforms
Andrei Hagiu (personal site, LinkedIn) is a Visiting Associate Professor of Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Strategic Management at the MIT Sloan School of Management since July 2016. Previously, he was an Associate Professor in the Strategy group at Harvard Business School. Andrei holds a PhD in economics from Princeton University and did his undergraduate studies at the Ecole Polytechnique in France.
- Expertise: Multi-sided platforms and marketplace strategy, network effects
- Academic Background: Taught at HBS, currently at MIT Sloan
- Academic Journals in which work has been featured: Rand Journal of Economics, Management Science, Journal of Economic Perspectives, Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, and the Harvard Business Review.
- Most recent publications: Finding the Platform in Your Product and Network Effects are Not Enough
- Experience: Board of advisors of CoachUp, a marketplace connecting users with sports coaches for private lessons, and TCGplayer, an online marketplace for collectible gaming items; extensive consulting around platform strategy issues for Intuit and Equifax.
At DeepBench, we deliver knowledge through targeted engagements with select expert advisors, allowing you to gain insights quickly and effectively.
Through DeepBench’s FreeAgent™ system, we have brought transparency to the expert advice industry. You can arrange consultations directly without paying a hefty premium. Think of DeepBench as a talent agent or concierge. We handle all the logistics for our expert advisors and paying customers.
Consultations are available via written Q&A or phone call. Also, we offer video calls and in-person consultations.
Corporate customers: DeepBench can work with you to ensure that the consultation adheres to the requirements of your legal & procurement departments.
Transparent – Expert knows who you are
Simplified Terms & Conditions
DeepBench coordinates logistics
- Your anonymity maintained throughout process
Standard compliance Terms & Conditions
DeepBench coordinates logistics, including compliance